Wednesday 2 March 2016

Writer of the week!

This week Room 7 were learning how to write an interesting recount of a personal experience or event. We used a cool video about a BBC journalist who gets trapped in his snow mobile by a very hungry polar bear. We watched the video a couple of times and discussed what we saw, heard and felt. The kids had to think about using an interesting hook to grab the readers attention, use WOW words (adjectives) and tell us what happened first, second and third. The kids had to think about their own ending.
The kids had to put themselves in the shoes of the journalist and pretend they were in the snow mobile. We got lots of awesome stories but our author of the week was Sione who wrote an amazing ending for his story. Well done Sione!! What a great writer you are!

Watch our video and then read Sione's great story.

 
 
Up north in the frosty, cold Arctic Circle I could see the polar bears checking out the seals. I wanted to learn more about the polar bears. I was waiting patiently in my truck, waiting for a polar bear to look at me. When I looked at the polar bear one more time, it looked back at me! He came to me and shook my truck. I could hear his claws scratching the window. When he was busy scratching the window, I threw my hotdog outside to distract the bear. I called my friend to come and help me but he never answered. So the big, huge and evil polar bear came stomping back to my truck. When he got to me he smelt the window and then he ate me! I went to heaven and I looked down to see what the polar bear was doing and he was busy eating my bones! I hoped my bones got stuck in his throat to make him die!


3 comments:

  1. WOW Sione what an awesome story you have done, keep up the great writing!!! From Room 21 and Mr MartinšŸ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool topic to write about! It must have been fun writing about polar bears and the different situations and directions that your stories could go in šŸ‘ Really look forward to reading more of your stories room 7....Bronsons mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jo - we really loved writing about the polar bear. Thanks for reading our blog!

    ReplyDelete